Pipe Freeze Protection During a Georgia WinterPosted
While Georgia may not face the extreme cold weather seen in some northern states, it’s not uncommon for temperatures to dip low enough to cause concern. When exposed pipes freeze, the potential for significant property damage skyrockets.
Taking preventive measures is crucial to ensure a cozy winter without the headache of burst pipes. Liberty Plumbing is here to guide you through essential tips to safeguard your property and prevent your pipes from freezing this winter.
Winter Plumbing Tips: A Homeowner’s Checklist for Burst Pipe Prevention
- Insulate Exposed Pipes: Identify pipes in unheated areas such as basements, attics, exterior walls, and crawl spaces. Apply pipe insulation or heat cable to these pipes to create a barrier against the cold.
- Seal Gaps and Cracks: Cold air can find its way into your home through gaps and cracks. Seal these openings to prevent drafts that can contribute to frozen pipes.
- Keep a Faucet Dripping: Allowing a faucet to drip slightly can relieve pressure in the pipes, reducing the risk of freezing. It’s a small, consistent flow that can make a big difference.
- Maintain Adequate Heating: Ensure that your home’s heating system is functioning properly, especially in areas with plumbing. Proper heating helps prevent the temperature from dropping to freezing levels.
- Disconnect and Drain Outdoor Hoses: Before the worst of winter sets in, disconnect and drain water from outdoor hoses. Store them indoors to prevent any remaining water from freezing and causing damage.
- Open Cabinet Doors: In particularly cold spells, open cabinet doors beneath sinks to allow warm air to circulate around your pipes.
Emergency Plumbing in Conyers – Liberty Plumbing, Always at Your Service
Despite your best efforts, emergencies will occur. If you find yourself facing frozen pipes and potential damage, remember that Liberty Plumbing is just a call away. Our expert plumbers are dedicated to serving the greater Conyers area, providing prompt and reliable assistance to alleviate your plumbing woes.
So remember, if the worst should happen, Liberty Plumbing is ready to bring warmth back into your home. Winterize wisely and keep the frost at bay!