Avoid Water Heater Troubles with Simple CarePosted
Warm showers, clean dishes, and fresh laundry are daily comforts we often take for granted, thanks to our trusty water heaters. And a little care can go a long way in preventing water heater woes. Whether you have a traditional tank or a sleek tankless system, let’s dive into some easy steps to keep your water heater running smoothly.
Traditional water heaters work hard every day, storing and heating gallons of water. Here’s how to keep them happy:
- Regularly Drain the Tank: Over time, sediment builds up in your water heater tank, affecting its efficiency. Draining it annually helps to remove this buildup and keeps your heater running efficiently.
- Test the Pressure Relief Valve: This valve prevents excessive pressure buildup. Lift the lever and let it snap back. You should see a burst of water into the overflow drainpipe. If not, it might be time for a replacement.
- Check the Anode Rod: This rod fights rust inside your tank. If it’s heavily corroded, replacing it can extend the life of your water heater.
Tankless Water Heater Tips
Tankless water heaters, also known as on-demand systems, provide hot water as you need it. They’re efficient but they need love too!
- Annual Flushing: Even tankless systems can accumulate mineral buildup, especially in areas with hard water. Flushing them yearly helps maintain their efficiency.
- Clean the Air and Water Filters: Regularly check and clean the air intake and water filters to ensure your system isn’t working harder than it needs to.
- Keep the Area Clear: Whether it’s a tank or tankless system, keeping the area around your water heater clear of debris and clutter helps ensure proper functioning and safety.
- Listen for Strange Noises: If your water heater starts making unusual noises – vibrating, rumbling, or popping sounds – it could be a sign of a problem that needs attention, like sediment buildup at the bottom of your tank.
- Schedule Regular Inspections: Sometimes, the best way to prevent issues is to have a professional take a look and perform the maintenance tasks we’ve suggested. Regular, annual inspections can catch problems early and prolong the life of your system.
Even with the best care, water heaters can run into issues. If you’re in Conyers or one of our surrounding communities and your water heater is working properly, don’t fret! Liberty Plumbing is here to help. Whether it’s repair, maintenance, or a full replacement, for either electric or gas water heaters, our expert team has got you covered.
Don’t let cold water ruin your day! Reach out to the licensed plumbers at Liberty Plumbing for reliable and expert water heater services. We’re committed to ensuring your home comfort with swift and professional solutions. Call us today, and let’s keep the hot water flowing!